This industry includes:
- preschools and schools
- universities and technical colleges
- adult and community education
- educational suport services.
Occupations in this industry include:
- teachers, trainers, educators
- office-based workers.
Most common hazards and injuries
Workers in this industry are likely to be injured at work due to:
- body stressing
- falls, slips and trips
- mental stress.
Common hazards that workers in this industry are exposed to include:
- manual handling
- harassment, bullying, and and occupational violence and aggression (OVA)
- Provide training and instruction in safe manual handling procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping to ensure there are no obstructions or trip hazards on floors or in store areas.
- Have written work procedures and protocols that clarify behaviour expectations.
- Set realistic work schedules and deadlines.