This industry includes:
- renting and hiring of vehicles and equipment
- all real estate services.
Occupations in this industry include:
- office-based workers
- workers who move between workplaces, often into unfamiliar environments.
Most common hazards and injuries
Workers in this industry are likely to be injured at work due to:
- body stressing
- falls, slips and trips
- being hit by moving objects
- mental stress.
Common hazards that workers in this industry are exposed to include:
- sedentary work
- manual handling.
- Provide training and instruction in safe manual handling procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping to ensure there are no obstructions or trip hazards on floors or in store areas.
- Encourage a standing friendly work culture: encourage standing in meetings, when reading documents or taking phone calls; invest in height-adjustable desks, use stairs instead of lifts.