The GHS is an international system of classifying chemicals and communicating their hazards. If you manufacture, import, sell or use hazardous chemicals, the GHS affects you.
The GHS of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals:
- standardises systems across countries, therefore removing barriers to trade and reducing burdens on business
- enhances the protection of people and the environment
- is easy to read and understand.
The GHS replaces the Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances, the previous system for classifying hazardous substances and dangerous goods in the workplace.
You should also use the codes of practice:
- Preparation of Safety Data Sheets for Hazardous Chemicals
- Labelling of Workplace Hazardous Chemicals.