This industry includes:
- pest control, building, cleaning and gardening services
- employment services
- travel agencies
- packaging products for others.
Occupations in this industry include:
- office-based workers.
There are a high number of young workers in this industry. So you should think about the training and supervision they will need to do their job safely.
Most common hazards and injuries
Workers in this industry are likely to be injured at work due to
- body stressing
- falls, slips and trips
- being hit by moving objects.
Common hazards that workers in this industry are exposed to include:
- body strain from repetitive movements, or from lifting, pushing or pulling heavy loads or objects
- noise from machinery
- Provide training and instruction in safe manual handling procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping to ensure there are no obstructions or trip hazards on floors or in store areas.
- Encourage a standing friendly work culture: encourage standing in meetings, when reading documents or taking phone calls; invest in height-adjustable desks, use stairs instead of lifts.