What WorkSafe does
Our purpose is to advance work health, safety and wellbeing in Tasmania. Our promise to Tasmanians is ‘Safe and Well, Every Day’. We achieve this by:
- promoting safer and healthier workplaces and practices through practical guidance and education
- investigating workplace incidents
- auditing workplaces for compliance with legislation
- promoting prompt and effective return to work through practical guidance and education
- processing occupational licences and permits.
Working with the WorkCover Tasmania Board
WorkSafe Tasmania has a strong relationship with the WorkCover Tasmania Board, helping the Board fulfil its statutory functions in injury management, work health and safety, and workers compensation.
This website is managed by WorkSafe Tasmania, and proudly brought to you through the generosity of the WorkCover Tasmania Board.
Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Our objective is healthier, safer and productive workplaces in Tasmania.
Our plan is to focus on:
- targeted harm reduction – reducing harm in Tasmanian workplaces
- culture and capability – responding to current and emerging WHS issues
- regulatory frameworks – ensuring regulatory frameworks are contemporary and effective
- exemplar regulator – striving for excellence as a regulator.