What WorkSafe does
Our purpose is to advance work health, safety and wellbeing in Tasmania. Our promise to Tasmanians is ‘Safe and Well, Every Day’. We achieve this by:
- promoting safer and healthier workplaces and practices through practical guidance and education
- investigating workplace incidents
- auditing workplaces for compliance with legislation
- promoting prompt and effective return to work through practical guidance and education
- processing occupational licences and permits.
Working with the WorkCover Tasmania Board
WorkSafe Tasmania has a strong relationship with the WorkCover Tasmania Board, helping the Board fulfil its statutory functions in injury management, work health and safety, and workers compensation.
Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Our objective is healthier, safer and productive workplaces in Tasmania.
Our plan is to focus on:
- targeted harm reduction – reducing harm in Tasmanian workplaces
- culture and capability – responding to current and emerging WHS issues
- regulatory frameworks – ensuring regulatory frameworks are contemporary and effective
- exemplar regulator – striving for excellence as a regulator.
About this website
This website is managed by WorkSafe Tasmania, and proudly brought to you through the generosity of the WorkCover Tasmania Board.
This website consolidates content from:
- WorkSafe Tasmania
- WorkCover Tasmania
- Better Work Tasmania
The WorkCover and Better Work sites no longer exist. If you’ve previously bookmarked content on one of these websites, and that content still exists, you’ll be redirected to its new location on this website.
Finding information on our new website
From any page, you can:
- use the drop-down menu at the top right hand corner
- click the home page buttons to go to popular sections on our website
- use the sitemap for a list of all the pages on the site
- try ‘Search’ if what you need isn't obvious and to see what’s popular.
If you can’t find something, please contact us.