Workplace Issues is our free magazine that covers work health and safety, injury management and wellbeing for employers, workers and others. It includes the latest developments in the laws, and practical guidance to make improvements in your workplace, for the benefit of everyone. It is published three times a year.
We want to continue to improve our magazine for you. Please email us your feedback.
Subscribe to Workplace Issues magazine
Current and previous editions
Workplace Issues does not carry advertising, sell advertising space or use other companies to sell advertising on our behalf.
Be wary of anyone trying to sell advertising space for Workplace Issues, or trying to claim money for advertising.
Workplace Issues accepts articles from commercial, community or government organisations.
A maximum of 2 external submissions per edition will be published.
We reserve the right to edit articles; and publish only articles meeting the following scope and criteria.
To contribute, you must be at least one of the following:
- current recipients of a WorkSafe/WorkCover Tasmania Board grant, partnership, sponsorship or other formalised arrangement
- current sponsors of WorkSafe Tasmania Month
- current sponsors of WorkSafe Tasmania Awards
- current winners of a WorkSafe Tasmania Awards category (that is, 2018 winners)
- a Tasmanian or Federal government department
- community not-for-profit organisation with a work health and safety, workplace wellbeing, workers compensation or return to work focus.
Contributions must be a ‘practical guidance’ article. Specifically, your article can be:
- practical guidance on a particular topic (such as a hazard or task or aspect of managing safety) so the reader can make improvements in their workplace practices
- explanations of laws so the reader can understand and comply with these.
Advertorials for commercial products or service providers (as assessed by WorkSafe Tasmania) will not be accepted.
The published article will conclude with a statement such as:
This article was supplied by XYZ Tasmania, sponsor of WorkSafe Tasmania Month 2015. For more information go to www.xyz.com.au
This article was supplied by 123 Tasmania, a not-for-profit community group supporting rural safety. For more information go to www.123.com.au
Deadlines for 2021 editions:
- April 2021: deadline 5 March; print delivery end April
- August 2021: deadline 9 July, print delivery end August
- December TBA
Email your contribution with the subject line 'for the editor'.
- be no longer than 550 words
- be a plain word document in Times New Roman font size 12
- not be designed in anyway – do not send PDFs or other format, in columns, or in any other fonts.
Articles that do not meet these specifications will not be accepted.
High resolution logos suitable for printing may be submitted.
Photos of the subject matter may be submitted. These must be high-resolution (not using a mobile phone) suitable for printing. Promotional photos of your staff and business premises will not be accepted.
By publishing your article, we do not endorse your organisation or activities. You may not claim any benefit or endorsement in any communications (for example, on your website).