The Tasmanian Government is committed to making information accessible to all members of the Tasmanian community. For more information about how the Tasmanian Government is improving access to information and services for people with disability, read the Tasmanian Government Disability Framework for Action (external link).
The Tasmanian Government and disability
Under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (external link), Australian Government agencies are required to ensure information and services are provided in a non-discriminatory and accessible manner.
We’re constantly working to make the WorkSafe Tasmania website as accessible and usable as possible.
Our aim is to be compliant to Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) (external link) standard.
This website is fully functional for all modern visual browsers, text-only browsers, screen readers, and mobile devices, and has been found to operate optimally in the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. Most of these browsers update themselves to the latest versions automatically.
Please note: Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 (external link), meaning they no longer fix issues specific to those version, including security issues. In addition, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 are not able to make use of many new navigational, mobile, media, and design technologies used in modern websites. If you have difficulty accessing our information or have any questions please contact us.
Text can be re-sized or zoomed within the tools or preferences of most standard web browsers, or you can increase and decrease the size using the following key shortcuts:
- to make text larger:Windows: Control (Ctrl) and plus ( + )
Mac: Command and plus ( + )
- to make text smaller:Windows: Control (Ctrl) and minus ( - )
Mac: Command and minus ( - )
- If using the Microsoft Edge browser, use Reading view mode to unclutter your screen. Hit the book icon in the menu to turn it on/off.
- If using Firefox, select the Toggle reader view icon or press the F9 button on your keyboard.
- Or, in any browser, select Print from the drop-down menu. It unclutters the page and allows you to re-size the page's text as well.
- Windows magnifier: Under your computer's Start menu, run “magnifier” and this will make your entire screen view larger. To stop using magnifier in most browsers, exit the program by selecting the X at the top corner.
- Mac: Select Apple menu then System Preferences. Open the Accessibility panel, and then press Zoom.
- Windows Narrator: Under your computer's Start menu, run “narrator” and this will read the content to you (works on other programs and other websites too). To stop using narrator in most browsers, exit the program by clicking on the X at the top corner.
- Mac VoiceOver: Select the Apple menu button in the top left corner of your screen, then System Preferences and press the Accessibility button. Select VoiceOver. Alternatively, you can press Command-F5 to enable VoiceOver.
You can find more information about the tools to make your computer or device easier to use on the AbilityNet website (external link).
We are providing links to Google Translate for some languages.
For other language translations use Google Translate to paste a page's URL address and pick another language to translate to. You can also paste text in to Google's translation page, if just translating a specific portion of text. For some languages, this offers a reading/narration service as well.
- Afrikaanse / African
- العربية / Arabبِيَّة)
- 简体中文 / Chinese (Simplified)
- 繁體中文 / Chinese (Traditional)
- Hrvatski / Croatian
- Polski / Polish
- Nederlands / Dutch
- Française / French
- Deutsche / German
- Ελληνικά / Greek
- বাঙালি / Bengali
- हिंदी / Hindi
- नेपाली / Nepali
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi)
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ / Punjabi
- සිංහල / Sinhala
- اردو / Urduو
The translation links are provided to assist people from non-English speaking backgrounds. However, WorkSafe Tasmania is not responsible for the effectiveness of Google Translate.
For help with translating and interpreting (external link) go to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website.
Third party content
At times, we may publish documents and publications received from third parties and host content on third-party platforms. These documents and platforms may not adhere to the standards followed by the Department of Justice. Therefore we cannot take responsibility for the accessibility of documents provided by third parties.
Alternative document formats
WorkSafe Tasmania is attempting to publish documents in multiple formats that have been enhanced for accessibility. Some publications on this website, particularly third-party supplied documents and older documents, are only available in the Portable Document Format (PDF).
The PDF Viewer page (external link) has links to a number of free PDF viewer applications.
Request an alternate format
If you require a document in an alternate format that we have not provided, such as Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format (RTF), please contact us to arrange that.