Your WHS & Wellbeing community
Better Work Tasmania is a free WHS (work health and safety) & Wellbeing networking and support program for business owners and workers. The program offers networking and support opportunities to help you get the best out of your workplace.
Join our mailing list
What's in it for me?
- Network with like-minded people, discuss challenges and get new ideas.
- Access peer support and gain insight from industry site visits.
- Learn how to make your workplace safer and healthier by observing how others make their work health, safety and wellbeing solutions work. See WHS & Wellbeing solutions.
- Access work health and safety resources and online WHS learning modules.
- Gain insights from our industry leaders and champions. See WHS & Wellbeing Leaders, Champions and Peer Support.
- Keep up-to-date on current issues by attending networking session both face to face and online. See Catch up on past events.
What's on offer?
Every few months we hold networking forums throughout Tasmania. Find out more about upcoming events. Each one looks at a different industry, or a range of WHS & Wellbeing topics with business leaders as guest speakers. If you can't get to one, don't panic – you won't miss out! We live-stream, so you can watch in real-time. And we record them too, so you can watch when it suits you. Feel free to Catch up on past events.
Did somebody mention CPD points? We can't promise every networking forum will qualify, but most do.
Online WHS learning modules
Not sure how to induct your new workers? Our online WHS learning modules can help you get them up and running in no time.
One-to-one and group learning (peer support opportunities)
Are you looking to take the next step in your business, but not sure what to do? Join us on a site visit, to see how other workplaces manage their systems and solve their work health and safety issues.
Sounds great! How do I find out more?
Join our mailing list to get the latest news, events and happenings. We won't share your information, and you can cancel at any time (but we'd be sorry to see you go).
More background info about Better Work Tasmania
The Better Work Tasmania Network Community is a part of WorkSafe Tasmania, a division of the Department of Justice that aims to improve safety, health and rehabilitation through strategic priorities, projects and services. WorkSafe Tasmania’s main strategic priorities are to:
- target harm reduction
- build culture and capability
- ensure that regulatory frameworks are effective
- be an exemplar Regulator
From its inception in 2015 as a strategic project and ongoing program under the WorkCover Tasmania Board, Better Work Tasmania focuses its work on supporting the first two strategic priorities of WorkSafe Tasmania. The Better Work Tasmania networking approach encourages stakeholders to work collaboratively and promotes active leadership in work health and safety to achieve improvements.
WorkSafe Tasmania has a strong relationship with the WorkCover Tasmania Board, helping the Board fulfil its statutory functions in injury management, work health and safety, and workers compensation. WorkCover Tasmania Board has strong links with the Department of Justice with the Secretary of the Department filling the position of Chair of the Board.