If you are requesting workers compensation information on behalf of a third party (for example, if you a re a solicitor requesting information on behalf of a client), you need to submit a WorkCover Tasmania Right to Information Application.
You will need to provide authorisation from the third party.
You will also need to include proof of identity from the third party (for example, a copy of their current driver's licence).
There is a fee for Right to Information applications - please see 'Making an application for assessed disclosure' (external link) on the Department of Justice website for the current application fee. In certain circumstances you may apply to have the fee waived. These circumstances are:
- Financial hardship (for example, if you hold a concession card such as a Government Health Care Card or a Pension Card); or
- You are a Member of Parliament requesting the information in relation to official business; or
- You are able to prove that you intend to use the information for general public interest or benefit.
Right to Information application form
Please fill out the Requesting Workers Compensation Claims Information for a Third Party online form and upload any required documents.
Or, if you prefer, you can print out the PDF version of the WorkCover Tasmania Right to Information Application Form (PDF, 251.4 KB) and send the completed form to:
PO Box 56
ROSNY PARK TAS 7018
Details of the workers compensation claim(s):
Please give as many details of the workers compensation claim(s) as you can, including the date and nature of the injury, the employer, and the employer's workers compensation insurer (if known).
The application fee can be paid by direct deposit to the following account:
Department of Justice
Account number: 267793
Please include a payment reference - 'RTI' - and your name
If you want to have the fee waived, please select one of the following options:
- I am experiencing financial hardship
- I am a Member of Parliament requesting the information in relation to official business
- I am requesting information in order to use it for general public interest or benefit
You need to provide proof supporting your claim in order for the fee to be waived (for example, a copy of your concession card if you are claiming financial hardship; or a document saying how you will use the information you are requesting for general public interest or benefit).
Please upload your supporting documents below: