Licence and permit requirements

You must be licensed to be a

  • plumber
  • electrician
  • gasfitter
  • building practitioner

Contractors need licences as well. Licensing and Accreditation information.

You must also be licensed to:

  • import/export explosives and use, store, handle security-sensitive dangerous substancedo shot-firing
  • let off fireworks
  • transport dangerous goods
  • remove or assess asbestos
  • perform high risk work (such as operating a forklift or EWP or crane)
  • work in the construction industry
  • store and handle hazardous chemicals
  • grow poppies

Licensing information