Why inspectors visit
Inspectors visit workplaces to:
- provide information and advice on the laws
- resolve WHS issues
- resolve right of entry and workplace access disputes
- review disputed provisional improvement notices
- conduct inspections and national, statewide and regional audit campaigns
- assess WHS risks to workers and the public
- investigate workplace incidents
- investigate reports of unsafe or unhealthy conditions and dangerous work practices.
Inspectors will only pre-arrange workplace visits if they are confident that advance notice will not jeopardise the intention of their visit.