Reviews of decisions
Some decisions made by inspectors can be reviewed. These are decisions on:
- provisional improvement notices issued by health and safety representatives
- forfeiture and return of goods or things
- issue of improvement, prohibition or non-disturbance notices and subsequent notices
- variation or cancellation of notices
- extension of time to comply with improvement notices
- training of health and safety representatives
- work groups
- health and safety committees.
In addition, a number of decisions made under the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 can be reviewed.
Inspectors’ decisions are initially subject to internal review by the Director of Industry safety (within WorkSafe Tasmania). If you are dissatisfied with the internal review decision, you may apply for external review (via the Magistrates Court).