Licensing information

There are various licenses you could require to work in the construction industry.

Induction (White) card 

To work in the construction industry you must have an induction card, also known as a White Card. This is relevant whether you are a:

  • person with control of construction projects. eg principal contractor, project manager, main contractor, builder, employer, self-employed person
  • person with control of construction work. eg employer, self-employed person, principal contractor, main contractor, sub-contractor
  • person carrying out work on a construction site. eg employee, contractor, labour-hire worker. A person who has successfully completed general construction induction training in this state may apply for a general construction induction card

You can only get a construction induction card by completing construction induction training.

Performing high risk work

The following tasks and equipment are called 'high risk work' and you must hold a High Risk Work (HRW) licence for them.

  • Cranes and Hoists
  • Forklift Operation
  • Rigging and Dogging
  • Scaffolding
  • Pressure Equipment

Other licensing