Interstate licences and renewals

If you have an interstate licence and you are now a permanent resident of Tasmania you can renew your licence here.

If you have a Tasmanian licence and you are now a resident of another state/territory, you must renew your licence in that state/territory.


Training at the workplace is not allowed until you are formally enrolled with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and are undergoing supervised training towards gaining assessment for a HRW licence.

If you are an interstate resident, the RTO must request approval from WorkSafe before enrolling you.

If approval is given and you are found competent, the RTO needs to ensure that the you submit your application to Service Tasmania before leaving Tasmania.

If for some reason it is not possible for you to go to Service Tasmania, further approval from WorkSafe will be required.