From 22 February 2017, amendments to the Dangerous Goods (Road and Rail Transport) Regulations 2010 took effect to reflect ongoing improvements recommended by the United Nations for the transport of classified goods.
- removed redundant requirements for inner package labels due to the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals that came into effect from January 2017
- clarified ventilation requirements for tools of trade
- implemented new concessions for the transport of specific dangerous goods packed in limited quantities
- increased the minimum load limit for vehicle placarding
- removed requirements for vehicle licence labels due to new online and scanning technology
- reflected minor adjustments to the Australian Dangerous Goods Code