If you're a construction worker from another state, and you have a card that WorkSafe Tasmania recognises or you have done the construction induction training, then you can work in Tasmania.
Note: Only the general induction training (classroom based) component is recognised for white, blue, red and construction induction cards. Principal contractors and PCBUs must ensure that the required task induction and site-specific induction training is undertaken.
To work in Tasmania
You have to
- have successfully completed the national training unit Work Safely in the Construction Industry (CPCCOHS1001A), OR
- hold a current card from another state that is recognised by WorkSafe Tasmania.
You don't have to
- re-do the national training unit Work Safely in the Construction Industry (CPCCOHS1001A) in Tasmania
- change your card to a Tasmanian one
- get a Tasmanian white card.
Interstate induction cards that are recognised by WorkSafe Tasmania, can be found in the Mutual recognition of interstate induction cards in the resources section.