Help to get your worker back to work
- Provide meaningful alternative duties.
- Encourage a supportive workplace culture.
- Have a copy of your insurer's injury management program so you can review and look for opportunities to develop workplace systems to support this program.
- Involve not only the injured worker but their co-workers and supervisors to identify a list of alternative duties.
- Involve the injured worker's doctor in identifying alternative duties; for example, develop a list of essential functions of particular jobs for treating doctors to complete.
- Seek specialist or external support for complex cases.