Who we are
WorkSafe Tasmania is a division of the Department of Justice.
We focus on improving workplace safety, health and return to work.
This is achieved by:
- investigating workplace incidents
- auditing workplaces for compliance with legislation
- promoting safer and healthier workplaces and practices through practical guidance and education
- promoting prompt and effective return to work through practical guidance and education
- processing occupational licences, and more.
WorkSafe Tasmania also has a strong relationship with the WorkCover Tasmania Board, helping the Board fulfil its statutory functions in injury management, work health and safety, and workers compensation.
Advancing work health, safety and wellbeing in Tasmania
Safe and Well, Every Day
We engage to raise awareness
We educate to increase understanding
We enable to achieve behavioural change
We enforce when necessary
Accountability: We are consistent; always doing what we say
Inclusiveness: We work as one team and embrace diversity
Transparency: We communicate our intent and foster a culture of open communication
Integrity: We model open, honest and respectful behaviour and uphold the State Service Principles