WorkSafe Month 2017
We can reveal to you some of the exciting events on offer for WorkSafe Month 2017!
Major WorkSafer Expo: 23 & 24 October at Salamanca
Mark your calendars: WorkSafer, the inaugural Work Health Safety & Wellbeing Expo, is coming to Tasmania as part of WorkSafe Month 2017! It’s going to be the largest event of this kind ever run in the state, so don’t miss out.
This free event at Salamanca’s Princes Wharf 1 will inspire, educate and equip you to build a safer and healthier workplace. There’ll be:
- direct information about safety, wellbeing and return to work products and services in the market, all in one convenient location
- local and interstate exhibitors ready to talk to you about solutions for your workplace needs
- interactive seminars, forums and other opportunities to network, learn and discuss safety, health and wellbeing — with business leaders, experts and others in your industry.
There will again be free online access to Safe Work Australia’s online seminars and podcasts featuring experts and business leaders. You'll find information on:
- five steps to a safe and healthy workplace
- the basics about WHS in Australia
- drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- workplace bullying and violence
- and more!
Safe Work Australia is also running a competition for best workplace safety initiative during October - you could win $5000!
There'll be free conferences for health and safety representatives:
- Hobart 17 October – Hobart Function and Conference Centre
- Launceston 25 October – Tramsheds Function Centre
If you’re a HSR come along to:
- Build your knowledge about your role in the workplace
- Get tools and resources to improve work health, safety and wellbeing in your workplace
- Increase your knowledge of work health, safety and wellbeing, workplace mental health and supporting injured workers
For information and to register call Unions Tasmania on 6216 7600 or email email@example.com
WorkSafe Month 2018
In 2018, the WorkSafe Conference and Awards will be back.